Thursday, February 16, 2012

Help Georgie & me Raise Money for NCAC!

After lagging for a bit, I finally got my donation letter written for the NorCal Aids Cycle...rather than focus on me, I focused on Georgie, my bike. ;-)

HELLO FRIENDS!

<---------- This is Georgiana (aka Georgie). We met back in September 2010. We did not have the best of
beginnings together. At our first triathlon together felt like the longest 12 miles ever! We even got stuck on a
little hill!

Since then, things have gotten better. Georgie and I have spent a lot of miles together and have had many fun adventures too! We have befriended many wonderful cyclists (and their bikes) who have helped us get better, stronger, and faster. We have accomplished a lot in the past year together. 12 miles are no longer are a struggle for us. Hills are (mostly) not as daunting as they once were. But, we still look for more challenging (and crazy) adventures!

This year, we have quite a number of crazy plans. One of our crazy adventures ahead is the NorCal AIDS Cycle. From May 17 to May 20 2012, we will be riding 330 miles to raise money and awareness for HIV/AIDS service providers in the Sacramento area and other parts of Northern California. We were attracted to this event not just because of the challenge or that it is a great cause but because the money raised goes to the people of our local community.

Georgie and I have been training hard for the 330 mile ride but we need some help in meeting our goal of raising $2000. We ask if you could please help us in this great cause!

If you’d like to make a donation online, learn more about the ride, or track the amount we have raised, visit: http://norcalaidscycle.org.kintera.org/2012/crazyhelen

I also ask if you could please share the news about my current craziness with your family and friends and ask them to join in supporting this effort.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT!!

All the best,

Helen (and Georgie)

No comments:

Post a Comment