Friday, October 14, 2016

Preggo Week 21 Recap

Preggo Week 21 Recap
(October 8-14)

The start of week 21 went pretty good.  

Had a good long run on Sunday....knocked out 16 miles!  Felt really good during the run.  


I got a support belt this week and tried it out on the run.  I didn't use one for my last pregnancy.  I mostly used (and have been using for this pregnancy) a buff around the belly.  But, felt like I might need a little more support this time so got the support belt to try.

I used it during my long run and it felt good to have on.  I still liked having the buff around my belly so wore it under my support belt.



The rest of the week was not so good with running/training.  I started feeling a little sick, a slight sore throat.  Work was stressful and busy too.  I think my work stress is causing some minor health issues in my gut.  So, I took it easy this week with the running.  

I did get up early on one morning to try an early morning run.  I know many moms that get up at 4 or 5 am to run before the kids get up.  I am NOT a morning person so was doing runs after putting the kid to bed.  But, I'm so exhausted at the end of the day and I wasn't running so I tried going to bed early and waking up early.  

The waking up worked okay and I got out to run.  And I don't know if it was the early hour where my body hasn't had time to warm up yet or the added preggo weight but the run was a little tough on my legs.  I was getting shin and calf pain.  It felt better towards the end after I've warmed up but it seemed to take awhile to get warmed up.  



It was nice getting the run done early though I was a bit of a zombie the rest of the day at work as I was not used to waking up that early.  I may try it again and maybe I'll adapt to it.  Maybe I'll become one of those early morning running moms.  Maybe.  But, maybe not as I totally slept in the following morning.  :P 

Total miles for week 21: 33.76 (most of it was on Sat & Sun)
Total miles for this pregnancy: 452.79 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment