Friday, September 16, 2016

Preggo Week 17 Recap

Preggo Week 17 Recap
(September 10 - 16, 2016)

Last weekend was my hubby's birthday so trickier to coordinate my long run.  We had some fun family time together instead.  On Sunday evening, hubby was working so after I put the kid to bed, I got on the treadmill and knocked out 12 miles while listening to podcasts.  Thank goodness for interesting podcasts to occupy my mind while I ran on the treadmill.


The following day, after work, I took the baby and dog for a walk around the neighborhood for a few miles.  Was enjoying the cooler weather so I can take them out in the evenings before dark.  It was nice until these two dogs (unleashed) came charging at us (I think to say hi to my dog) and they barreled right into my legs nearly knocking me and the stroller over.  I managed to stay upright and keep the stroller from toppling (though it wobbled while I tried to gain my balance).  Luckily, my dog behaved in not bolting away.  I hurried all of us along away from the dogs.  I saw the owner across the street come out from a building and call his dogs back (he did not apologize to me).  Boy was I mad (and shookened up)!  We were near a relatively busy road so not an area I would have my dog running unleashed.  I was glad none of us got hurt but it was definitely scary for the moment.



The rest of the week, I did a couple treadmill runs and then I slacked off training for a few days.  Work was really exhausting and stressful this week.  It probably could have helped to run but I was just too tired and unmotivated to run after a long day.  I just felt unmotivated.  I feel really stressed and overwhelmed at work lately.  We are going through this unusual transition that has made things extra stressful.  At times, I feel like I cannot catch up on things.  Then, I have the added stress of not sure what's going to happen with my future career.

I did somewhat keep up with yoga challenge though I'm not consistently doing the yoga videos every day as I would like.  I need to remember that it's helpful, not just the stretching but to help decompress at the end of the day.


Other than that, as far as the pregnancy goes, I feel okay.  The bump is starting to grow so my regular clothes are getting tighter.  I had some hip pain and achiness if I sit too long so trying to do more hip stretches (pigeon pose is the best!) and rolling on the lacrosse ball.  I think the few extra days of running did help the hip so I guess it was good I didn't run for a few days.

Total miles for week 17:  26.98 miles
Total miles this pregnancy: 342.91 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment