Friday, September 2, 2016

Preggo Week 15 Recap

Preggo Week 15 Recap
(August 27 - September 2)

MRTT Summer Sparkler

Last Saturday was the Auburn MRTT Summer Sparkler 5k and kid's run.  The three gals I have been doing the C25k training program with ran their 5k and all did great!  It was fun seeing all the moms and kids running the 5k.  We had a great showing of many families.  

Group shot 

Kids were cute cheering on their mamas

These 3 finished the C25k program 
They all ran an awesome 5k!  

The 5k was fun and after the 5k, we had the kid races.  There were two groups.  The littler kids and the older kids.  This was Ellie's first kids race.  She ran for a few feet while holding a strawberry in her hand and then got distracted.  Craig and I had to hold her hand to help her run the rest of the way but she seemed happy being out there.  

Most of the other kids were already across the field earlier but Ellie was getting there.  

Coming into the finish holding mommy and daddy's hands.  Face of pure joy! :)

Ellie with her first race medal!  

The Summer Sparkler was a great family event and nice to meet some new members in the group.  It makes me happy to see the group growing to have all the families coming out.  

Marathon Training 

On Sunday, I had intentions to get up early and get a run in before hubby went to work but I was feeling tired and lazy.  I spent the morning just loafing around watching tv.  

In the afternoon, after putting Ellie down for her nap, I got on the treadmill to get my long run in.  Managed 10 miles, keeping in zone 2.  The first few miles, I felt impatient running so slow.  But, by the last few miles, I was glad I had kept a steady slow pace.  I listened to some podcasts.  Ellie slept for most of the run. She woke up during the last mile or so and sat in her crib playing.  She fussed a little during the cool down but gave me just enough time to get my long run done.  

Sunday long run on the treadmill

On Monday, I had a busy, stressful day at work.  Work has been particularly stressful lately.  At times, I feel like I am drowning in all my cases.  Just thinking of all my cases and perhaps some pregnancy hormones, I started feeling overwhelmed and emotional.  Later that evening, I had a very therapeutic treadmill run.  I am grateful I have running to help relieve me of work stress and such.  

The rest of the week, I did a few more treadmill runs and a couple outings with the dog.  I'm doing pretty good in sticking to my marathon plan and getting my runs in.  

On September 1st, I did another MAF test.  I ran about a mile warm up then did the 3 miles as close to 144 as possible.  My MAF test results:

Mile 1: 10:50 min/mile
Mile 2: 11:12 min/mile
Mile 3: 11:21 min/mile

I was surprised to find I did run it a tad faster than my last MAF test.  I am enjoying this low heart rate training.  

Also for September, I am doing a 30 day yoga challenge with Auburn MRTT to get back to doing yoga.  I'm hoping doing this challenge will be good in getting myself back in the routine of doing yoga regularly.  I find the yoga stretching is great cross-training for running and great while pregnant.  

Downward dog with Ellie

So, all in all, a good week of training.  

Total miles for Week 15: 34.95
Title miles for this Pregnancy: 272.81 


No comments:

Post a Comment